*********************************

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Q&A: Jeff Owens DT Georgia


Recently, I had the chance to catch up with University of Georgia defensive tackle, Jeff Owens, a man who currently caught the attention of many scouts, media and fans with his incredible 44 reps at the combine.

What are your official height, weight & recent forty time?
6-1  304  4.94

What do you consider to be your biggest strength?
Strong at the point of attack.  I have great leverage.

What part of your game have you worked on improving?
Playing low and working with my hands.

If a scout asked what tape would you give him to see you at your best.
The LSU game this past season.

Who is the toughest opponent/teammate you have faced, how did you fare?
Mitch Petrus from the University of Arkansas.  Great strength.

Which coach has had the biggest impact on your playing career up to this point?
My position coach, Rodney Garner, he’s been a great influence on my football career.

Any players that you would compare yourself to or a favorite player growing up?
My favorite player growing up was Warren Sapp.  As for player I like to watch now I’d say the top two are Tommie Harris and Darnell Dockett.

What do you like to do with your free time, do you have a hobby?
Love to play video games and hang with my friends.

Who are the two most influential people in your life?
No question my parents.

If you could invite any three guests for dinner past or present who would they be?
Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and President Barack Obama

What teams did you speak with at the combine?
Spoke with a lot of teams including the Dolphins, Jags, Eagles, Rams, San Diego, Arizona, Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

Are you performing at your school’s pro day?
Yes I am.  It’s March 16
th.

Did you ever have a job in high school?
Never.

What was the strangest question you were asked at the combine?
(Laugh) If I had a choice would I want a blanket or a pillow.   I told them a blanket because if it was cold I could wrap myself with it and it were hot I could use it as a pillow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.