*********************************

Friday, March 5, 2010

Q&A: John Conner FB Kentucky

Recently, I had the chance to talk with Kentucky fullback, John Conner, about the draft, the combine and what it's like to share a name with a movie character.  


What is your official height, weight and recent forty time?
I am 5-11 ½   246 lbs. and at the combine I ran a 4.72.

What do you consider to be your biggest strength?
My physical play.  I love the contact

What part of your game have you worked on improving?
Everything.  There is nothing wrong with touching up all aspects of my game.

If a scout asked what tape would you give him to see you at your best?
I’d say the Louisville game from this season.  It was my first game after returning from injury.

Who is the toughest opponent/teammate you have faced, how did you fare?
As for a teammate, I’d say Sam Maxwell but as for an opponent I’d go with the whole group from the University of Florida.  

Which coach has had the biggest impact on your playing career up to this point?
 My high school coach helped me a lot but as far as my time in college I’d say no doubt my position coach, Larry Brinson.

Any players that you would compare yourself to or a favorite player growing up?
My favorite player growing up was Deion Sanders and my favorite team was the Dallas Cowboys.

What do you like to do with your free time, do you have a hobby?
When the weather gets nice I really enjoy going fishing.

Who are the two most influential people in your life?
No doubt my parents.

What teams did you speak with at the combine?
 Just about everyone. I did however have formal interviews with Buffalo, St. Louis and Arizona.

Are you performing at your school’s pro day?
Yes, I’m not going to do everything.  I will do my position skills and probably the shuttle.

Did you ever have a job in high school?
Only one job I worked at Kings Island but most of the time I was playing sports.

What was the strangest question asked to you during the combine?
 (Laugh) Someone asked me “when was the last time I smoked weed.”   

Are you a big fan of Terminator?
(Laugh) Yeah I am, I get that a lot (being the future leader of the free world in The Terminator is John Connor) but it’s a pretty great movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.