*********************************

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Post Super Bowl Thoughts

• Is it just me but weren't you glad to see the final results Sunday. Personally, I think New England accepted all the praise and glory of their season a little too easily and started to believe they were the best team ever and just needed to show up to win. Sorry guys (and most of ESPN) you are a very talented team for the current free agency/salary cap ages but not quite in the same class with the 70's Steelers, 80's 49'ers or 90's Cowboys. Also, I find it pretty amazing that suddenly the Pats had so many injuries that no one knew about. Something tells me if they did win ...no one would still no about those injuries.

• While I am guilty of it myself, I can't help but think of how it's a little crazy to already have a mock done as free agency will change it drastically. I understand the occasional mock done for something to read and discuss during the long time we wait until the actual day but what bugs we is the guys who do 10 to 12 first round mocks then have the nerve to brag after the draft all the picks they got right. What!!!! Anyone can do that if they produce enough mocks. Anything more than one every two to three weeks is a little silly if you ask me.

• I can certainly respect Senator Specter's intention to ask the NFL what really happened to Spy Gate tapes I think it's a football matter and not a political and certainly hope as Rotoworld suggest that Comcast is his second biggest campaign contributor and everyone knows that Comcast and the NFL aren't playing well together. Let's hope it's not a self-serving pursuit by Senator Specter.

• If I'm NY Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, I take a page out of Jason Garrett's playbook and realize that I'm a coordinator one year and my team is a lot better than the team that's pursuing me for the head coach position and stay with the Giants. If the Giants have similar success next year he'll get another crack but sit tight and enjoy the Super Bowl and work at the repeat. Do you really want to work for Snyder?

• Nation Signing Day tomorrow. Isn't it awesome how much this country loves the great football. Hopefully your teams get the guys you want. One additional comment on tomorrow if I’m Terrelle Pryor, I’m headed to Michigan as you will start as a freshman and be a Heisman candidate from Day 1. (Trust me he’s as good as advertised as I saw him beat my old High School for a State Title this year).

• Some coaching moves of note: Former SMU HC Phil Bennett going to University of Pittsburgh as defensive coordinator. Nice to see him get a chance to continue his career. Don’t want to sit out too many seasons if you hope to stay in the game. Gregg Williams according to reports is the new Jacksonville Jaguars defensive coordinator. That’s great that he lands on his feet and takes over an already great defense.

• A few random thoughts…Michael Strahan while it’s a nice idea to come back I wouldn’t risk it. Ride off into the sunset like Elway and enjoy winning the last game you’ll ever play. Nice move Matt Roth! That should get you a spot for the year in the Tuna’s doghouse. It didn’t take long for Randy Moss’s true colors to return. I’d say it is 50-50 he comes back. McNabb to Baltimore is an interesting story to watch. If I’m the Ravens I try to develop my own QB once and for all and quit taking vets to fill the spot but would make for an interesting story to watch this upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.