*********************************

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dustin Keller Interview

No player performed better or help themselves more at the Combine that Purdue’s Dustin Keller. He was without a doubt one of the top “hot” names after that process was done and is now considered a first day lock. Check out a snapshot of what he had to say:

Who was your favorite NFL team/player growing up?

Being from Indiana my favorite team growing up was the Indianapolis Colts

With such strong family ties to Purdue University (mother, grandmother, grandfather, great grandfather and brothers all attended Purdue) did you feel extra pressure to perform at the school?


No, not really. I was just put in a great position to show my talents in the area I grew up, there may have been extra pressure on me but I never felt that way.


If you had your choice would you rather go to a team that was building for a title run or a team already poised for one?


Either way is a good situation. If I go to a team that is building I could know that I am a huge part of them trying to turn a program around. At the same time it wouldn't hurt to go to a team that has already established itself.


What do you think when you read things such as Todd McShay saying "while he never will be a good in-line blocker, Keller displays the speed, hands, athleticism and leaping ability of a true difference-maker in the NFL passing game. "?


That is a great motivator, I haven't stepped foot on the field wearing a NFL jersey and there are people already saying what I can and can't do. I can't wait to prove these people wrong.


What do you do to relax when you want to get away from football?

I like to just relax at home and watch movies, I collect DVD's so I have a pretty thick selection.


Was there anything that surprised you about the combine or your pro day?


Yeah, the interview process wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The interviews were pretty much me telling the coaches about myself family and talking football, so t was pretty cool. Another thing that surprised me was how excited people were about my combine performance, I didn’t think I performed nearly as well as I could have.


What are your plans for draft day (big party, small get together, home alone)?


For draft day I will have a small get together in the press box suites in Ross-Ade Stadium (Purdue's Stadium) for m family and a few friends.

Check out more on Dustin at www.dustin-keller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.