*********************************

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Joey Haynos Interview

If someone six foot eight wants to share a little about themselves such as Maryland, tight end Joey Haynos who am I to pass up that chance. Joe is the kind of player everyone roots for when they learn about him. Take a look on what I was able to learn about him.

What do you think when you hear scouting services compare you with NFL player Ben Utecht? It’s a compliment. He’s a great player.

When was your breakthrough moment as a college player? In the West Virginia game my junior year - I had 8 catches and a TD.

What was your greatest victory while in college? We beat Clemson down at Clemson and came back on a 2 minute drive to kick a last second field goal.

Who is the best player you’ve faced while in college?
Lawrence Timmons – OLB Florida State

Finish the following sentence. My college stats fail to show…how much of a threat I can be in the red zone.

The part of my game that I take the most pride in is?
My receiving.

The type of NFL offense I’d fit best in would be?
I really don’t know.

What do you do when you want to relax and get away from football?
Usually hang out with my friends or just watch TV.

What is the best football movie you’ve ever watched?
I like Friday Night Lights.

In a perfect world who is on the other line come NFL Draft day saying they are about to select you?
The Redskins

My advice to players entering college this year would be?
Just work hard, no matter how far down in the depth chart you are. You can always work your way up to the starting spot.

How did you come to select the University of Maryland?
It was close and it gave me an opportunity to play in the ACC.

Any pre-game traditions of note?
Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.