| NFL Draft 2011 (Photo credit: mjpeacecorps) |
Well, finally someone came up with an idea I’ve been
preaching and screaming about for roughly since 2002. The NFL Draft is on the move to a city near
you. Not exactly but the most popular
sport in North America will be moving the most popular non-sporting event to
the other 31 cities that are homes to the franchises within the league. The idea I that I think would work is for
example in 2015 day one of the NFL draft to be held in Chicago, day two of the
draft in Dallas and day three in Buffalo.
Then the following year day one of the NFL Draft in Dallas, day two
Buffalo, day three in Green Bay.
Spreading the draft around at different locations during the
same year would not only add increase the experience for the fans but also
build the excitement to when that city lands the primetime event of day one of
the draft. I think the NFL would be wise
not to rule out a return to NY City after a break as they could capitalize on
the whole “the draft is back where is started” stuff but a break for a few
years is an excellent idea.
The next move will be for the NFL Draft to be on a major
network for day one just to see the monster ratings get even bigger. I also read they realized the enormous error
in their ways of having the draft on Mother’s Day weekend. I guess they were really trying to get all
males in deep trouble with Mom as no one messes with Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for checking in.