*********************************

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SuperFan #1

Here at Fotballdialogue, we are committed to being the voice of you (and we) , the fans. To that end, we've decided to turn the cameras around so to speak. SuperFan is where we interview fans. This way, we can capture an essence of who watches and loves the NFL and NCAA football.

If you want to contribute to SuperFan, find the link on the right and send us a note. Without further ado. I bring you Scott H: SuperFan.

What is your favorite team?
Detroit Lions

Where are you from?
Utica, Michigan

Who is your favorite Lion Ever?
Barry Sanders

Do you have a favorite Lions Story you'd like to share?

QB Vince Evans scored on the last play of the game, and KR David Williams returned the overtime period's opening kickoff for a 95-yard touchdown as Chicago stunned Detroit, 23-17. The game, at the time, was the shortest OT (21 seconds) in NFL history.

My dad and brother and I, dressed in our Lions gear t-shirts and hats, were watching the game at home just like all of the other Thanksgiving games. My brother and I were very confident that our Lions had beaten Da Bears and we were laughing, joking and soaking up a great win for our team. My father, however, knew better than to chalk up a win in a Lions game if there was still time on the clock. I remember he even warned us not to get too excited as he had seen our boys snatch defeat from the jaws of victory one more than one occasion. Sure enough just as we were sitting down to a wonderful turkey dinner my mother had prepared Da Bears scored to tie the game. Were we worried? No, we had Billy Sims! We knew all we had to do was get the ball in OT and that would be all she wrote. We each filled our plates and kept our eyes glued to the TV as OT started. Da Bears were to receive the kickoff (uh oh) and the ball was kicked. David Williams, the kick returner waited at the 5 and received the ball. My brother , being very partial to the turkey drumstick had grabbed his drumstick to take a nice bite as Williams broke free. Down the field he ran and into the endzone. Game over. To this day I can still see my brothers face with a turkey drumstick in front of it and a look of sheer disbelief at what we had just witnessed. It was a look I would see many times after that sad game while watching and rooting for the same sad team. And I swear my bother lost his love of drumsticks and many turkey dinners passed before he would even think of eating another one. Go Lions!!!!

How about a prediction for the 2010 campaign?

I'd be happy if they could win 5 or 6 games.

Who should they take in the first round: (position or specific player):

A monster DE would be great. So many needs to fill but that's where I would start.

Thanks, Scott. Great stuff. BTW with the number 2 pick my pick would be Gerald McCoy, the DT from Oklahoma.

Look for Scott's college fan pick coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking in.

ESPN.com - NFL

Sirius

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.